The National Association of Women Lawyers is pleased to partner with Prudential Financial, Inc. (Prudential) to provide a meaningful summer internship opportunity for a highly-motivated first-year law student. Through this partnership, the National Association of Women Lawyers will select one student/s to join the 2016 summer law intern class at Prudential for a 10-week internship at Prudential’s New Jersey offices, for a stipend of approximately $10,000.
The summer internship will provide interns with the opportunity to work with attorneys who support the broad reach of Prudential’s businesses. Other features of the summer internship program include:
- Paid attendance at the LCLD Scholars Summit in Chicago IL, May 19-21, 2016
- Participation in training programs presented by Prudential attorneys highlighting different areas of the business and the legal department
- Pairing with an attorney who will serve as a manager during the program and will provide guidance on projects
- Pairing with an mentor who will serve as an additional advisor on resume review, interviewing, skill development, networking and other individual needs
- Practice interviews; presentation development and delivery; and shadow attorneys on various projects
- Opportunities to interview with selected local firms for potential 2L internships
The 1L summer internship will run for 10 weeks, between the dates of June 6, 2016 to August 12, 2016. Summer interns will be paid a stipend of approximately $10,000, which shall accrue and be paid on an hourly basis.
Applicants must be members ofthe National Association of Women Lawyers. They need to be enrolled at an ABA-accredited law school and have successfully completed the first year of law school with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent). The applicant must be scheduled for graduation in spring 2018 (full-time students) or spring 2019 (part-time students). The ideal applicant will have financial or business-related experience or interest.
Interns not local to New Jersey will be responsible for their own housing and transportation to and from Prudential’s office in Newark, New Jersey.
How to Apply:To apply, you must submit a cover letter, resume, a list of three references, and a copy of your transcript to: Kelsey Vuillemot National Association of Women Lawyers 321 North Clark Street, MS 19.1 Chicago, IL 60654
Please write “Prudential Internship” in the subject line of all correspondence. All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on January 28, 2016. Finalist shall be selected and notified by a Prudential HR Staff member on or before March 17, 2016.