The Tampa Hispanic Bar Association (THBA) seeks to promote the exchange of information and ideas related to the practice of law in order to enhance its members’ knowledge and skills. THBA also strives to provide resources and enhanced opportunities for the education of future attorneys of Hispanic origin or descent while promoting the improvement of Florida’s legal system. These efforts ultimately promote the organization’s important goals of improving the administration of justice and increasing the quantity and quality of the legal services rendered to members of the Hispanic community. As such, the THBA will award two law students a $1,000 scholarship with the expectation that they will further the goals of our organization throughout their legal career.
The following are the eligibility requirements for the THBA Cruz-Garcia Law Student Scholarships:
• Applicant must be a law student of Hispanic origin from the Tampa Bay area; and
• Applicant must be enrolled in an accredited law school in the State of Florida; and
• Applicant must have a minimum law school GPA of 2.0 (or equivalent); and
• Applicant must have distinguished himself/herself academically; or
- Applicant must have distinguished himself/herself in service-oriented activities that benefit the Hispanic community in the Tampa Bay area; or
• Applicant must have a demonstrable interest in serving the Hispanic community in the Tampa Bay area upon graduation and/or during law school.
To apply, please submit a current resume, a copy of a current law school transcript, and an essay (no more than 1000 words) that addresses in detail why you are qualified for this scholarship along with any other information you wish to share with the scholarship committee on why you are deserving of this award.
Please submit these items to the Tampa Hispanic Bar Association, Scholarship Committee via email by 12:00 p.m. on November 4, 2015. The recipient will be notified by November 11th.