Selected (1L or 2L) students will serve for eight or ten weeks during the summer of 2016 in the consumer protection or consumer affairs offices of participating state and territorial governments.
Visit here to view a video and learn more about the Janet D. Steiger Fellowship Project. Students applying for the Janet D. Steiger Fellowship must complete an online application survey available here. At the completion of the application survey students must also submit, via email, required material.
The application period is November 1, 2015 until January 15, 2016. Applications will not be accepted beyond the January 15, 2016 deadline date.
Each selected student will receive a $6,000 stipend for the summer (administered through the offices of the state/territory attorneys general and subject to certain federal taxes). In the event that a Steiger Fellow is not living at home during their fellowship, there is a possibility that a limited optional travel/housing stipend allowance in an amount yet to be determined may be available.The participating office locations for the summer of 2016 are listed below. *Note: *Will only accept 2Ls #Fluency in Spanish will be required.
- Montgomery, Alabama
- Baltimore, Maryland
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Phoenix, Arizona
- Boston, Massachusetts
- San Juan, Puerto Rico Little Rock, Arkansas
- Lansing, Michigan
- Pierre, South Dakota Hartford, Connecticut
- Jackson, Mississippi
- Nashville, Tennessee Wilmington, Delaware
- Helena, Montana
- Austin, Texas Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Lincoln, Nebraska Salt Lake City, Utah Atlanta, Georgia
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Montpelier, Vermont Honolulu, Hawaii
- Concord, New Hampshire
- Richmond, Virginia Indianapolis, Indiana
- Newark, New Jersey
- Seattle, Washington Des Moines, Iowa
- New York, New York
- Charleston, West Virginia Topeka, Kansas
- Columbus, Ohio
- Madison, Wisconsin Frankfort, Kentucky
- Portland or Salem, Oregon
- Cheyenne, Wyoming
*Note: *Will only accept 2Ls #Fluency in Spanish will be required.