EXCITING OPPORTUNITY FOR 2010 LAW GRADUATES: HNBA-PRUDENTIAL FELLOWSHIP PROGRAM!
FELLOWSHIP: The Hispanic National Bar Association has partnered with Prudential Financial, Inc. to provide a fellowship opportunity to a highly-motivated 2010 law school graduate. Through this partnership, the HNBA will select a graduate to join Prudential’s law department as the HNBA-Prudential Law Fellow. The Fellow will work full time for 18 months in Prudential’s Newark, New Jersey office beginning on December 1, 2010. During this time, the Fellow may work in up to three Law Department divisions, which may include the Insurance, Investments, Litigation/Regulatory, Corporate Governance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Employment, Labor, Employee Benefits and International divisions. The Fellow will be expected to seek employment outside of Prudential’s law department after the end of the fellowship.
SALARY: Annual salary of $60,000 with benefits.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: Executing legal transactions; securing, preparing, drafting and processing legal documents; conducting legal research; providing litigation support; and assisting attorneys in providing legal advice to internal clients on a daily basis.
QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Member of HNBA
2. Received a J.D. or LL.M. from an ABA-accredited law school in 2010
3. Admission to a state bar (alternatively, bar admission pending results from a bar exam is acceptable; however, such status might result in a conditional or delayed offer based upon bar admission results)
4. Minimum law school GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale)
5. Financial or business-related experience or interest
6. Excellent verbal and writing abilities
7. Strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills
8. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively interact with individuals at all levels
9. Ability to work and think independently
10. Forward thinking ability with a risk management perspective
11. Strong ethics
12. Ability to multitask
APPLICATION PROCESS: Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, list of three references, two writing samples and copy of law school transcript by e-mail AND U.S. Mail to:
Hispanic National Bar Association
Ben Franklin Station
P.O. Box 14347
Washington, DC 20044
Please write “Prudential Fellowship” in the subject line of all correspondence.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: All materials must be received by 5 p.m. EDT on September 30, 2010. Finalists must be available to participate in phone interviews from October 11-15, 2010. All finalists will be selected and notified by November 1, 2010.
Additional information on the Hispanic National Bar Association and Prudential Financial, Inc. can be found on the CDO Student Portal under the Scholarships and Fellowships folder.