In law school? Interested in technology? Write about a topic at the intersection of law and technology and have a chance to be published and win prizes!
The University of Richmond Journal of Law and Technology is pleased to announce the 2014-2015 biennial Student Law and Technology Writing Competition. This writing competition allows current students from ABA-accredited law schools to compete for cash prizes, as well as the opportunity to have their work published in the University of Richmond’s Journal of Law and Technology.
The Student Law and Technology Writing Competition includes three separate awards offered to law students who have submitted exemplary papers. The first place article will receive $1,500 and the second place article will receive $700. In addition, one law student from The University of Richmond School of Law will receive the Rick Klau Prize of $300. In order for an article to be properly considered, it must be submitted according to the guidelines provided below.
- Papers must be written independently
- Only students enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school’s J.D. program as of January 1, 2015 may participate.
- The topic of the paper MUST deal with a topic at the intersection of both law and technology.
- Papers that have been submitted to or published by a student publication are not acceptable for submission to the contest.
- Papers submitted must not exceed 30 pages in length and should be formatted as follows: using size 12 Times New Roman font, double-spaced, and 1-inch margins on all sides.
Submissions may not be in .pdf format.
Citations for the paper must be in compliance with the rules set out in The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation, 19th ed. An entry form must be included with each submission, a copy of the entry form is available on the Journal‘s website.
All entries for the 2014 Student Law and Technology Writing Competition must be submitted via e-mail by Sunday, January 11, 2015 at midnight EST. The e-mail submissions must be sent via email and must include “Student Law and Technology Writing Competition” in the subject line. Please direct all questions to the same e-mail address.
Up to 3 of the best articles will have a chance to be published within Volume XXI of the Journal!