The National LGBT Bar Association is pleased to partner with The Liberty Mutual Insurance Group Legal Department to provide an exciting opportunity for two enthusiastic 2L law students who are interested in making an immediate and valued contribution. As a Law Clerk you will provide technical support to staff litigation attorneys, perform legal research and assist in drafting and filing legal trial documents. The National LGBT Bar Association and Liberty Mutual will select one Law Clerk for Liberty’s Boston litigation office and one for its San Francisco litigation office for a 10-week clerkship offering competitive pay.
- Performs legal research utilizing both written and electronic sources
- Assists attorneys in brief and opinion writing
- Prepares draft memos
- Gathers and compiles facts and relevant case information
- Drafts pleadings and motions
- Assists attorneys in preparing for depositions and trials
- Member of the National LGBT Bar Association
- Completed two years at an ABA accredited law school; graduation scheduled for spring 2016
- Excellent writing skills
- 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent
- Ideally some exposure to civil litigation
How to Apply:
- To apply, you must submit a cover letter, resume, three references, and a copy of your transcript via email.
- Please write “Liberty Mutual Law Clerk” in the subject line of the email.
- All materials must be received by 5:00 p.m. EST on February 14, 2014.
- Interviews will be conducted the week of February 23rd.
- Finalists shall be selected and notified on or before March 3, 2014.
Liberty Mutual believes strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way. We believe that the Company’s success is inextricably linked to our employees’ satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success. We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day.