Enjoy a free drink and appetizers…on Thursday, August 14th 2014, from 6pm-8pm at The Dive Lounge at The Wine Dive, 319 North Clematis Street, West Palm Beach.
Space is limited. Please RSVP here.
What is DIVEBAR?
DiveBar is a bar association composed of legal professionals that promotes education and awareness about coral reefs and the marine environment through scuba diving, philanthropic activities, and learning experiences. In the past year, they have:
- Traveled to Belize to dive with whale sharks
- Explored some of the world’s largest artificial reefs in the Florida Keys
- Gone diving in the Bahamas with lemon sharks and tiger sharks
Some of their philanthropic achievements include:
- Joining the world renowned biologists at the University of Miami’s RJ Dunlap Marine Conservation Program on an expedition to tag and release sharks for research and conservation
- Partnering with Nova Southeastern Oceanographic Center to support coral research and restoration through the sponsorship and development of a new DiverBar Reef in South Florida
- Pairing with the Diveheart Foundation, an organization that builds confidence and independence in people with disabilities through scuba diving
Anyone who dives knows the excitement that comes with it, the colorful characters it attracts and the great stories to tell. When you join DiveBar, you’ll expand your network of legal professionals all while going on some of the best dive trips South Florida and the Caribbean have to offer.
You’ll also get to combine your passion for the sea with “doing good,” as DiveBar is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, which has had its impressive array of philanthropic work featured in four articles in just the past year: twice on the cover of the Florida Bar News, as well as in Florida Trend and Nova Southeastern University’s Horizons magazine.
Not a diver? Not a problem! DiveBar has plenty of members who do not dive, and if you want to become certified, we can connect you with a dive shop in your area.
DiveBar membership year runs from July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015.
Law students pay $60.00 for membership.
Signing up now provides you with membership until June 30, 2015.
Learn more on the website.