The 27th Annual North American Entertainment, Sports, and Intellectual Property Law Summit will take place November 11-15, 2015 in Cancun, Mexico. The Akerman Student Scholarship provides a partial scholarship to three (3) law students attending the Summit in an amount of no less than $1000 per recipient. The scholarship funds awarded to each student will be deducted from Summit travel expenses.
Scholarship Description and Instructions:
1) The Akerman Student Scholarship provides a partial scholarship to law students attending the 2015 North American Entertainment, Sports, and Intellectual Property Law Summit. Partial scholarships in an amount not less than $1,000 are awarded to three (3) law students. Scholarship funds will be deducted from Summit travel expenses.
2) All applicants must have completed at least the first year of study at their respective law school.
3) Scholarships are awarded on criteria as the Summit Board sees fit including, but not limited to, the following:
- A strong interest in entertainment, sports, and/or intellectual property law, including the applicant’s participation in their school’s Sports, IP, and/or Entertainment Society (if applicable).
- All application questions must be answered.
- Grades are considered if and when the Board deems necessary.
4) All applicants must attach a resume, cover letter, and transcript.
5) All applications must be received at the following address no later than August 31, 2015. Late applications will not be considered.
Cohen, Cooper, Estep & Allen, LLC
Attention: Johnna A. Lee, Scholarship Application
3330 Cumberland Blvd.
Atlanta, Georgia 30339
**Application packages can also be sent to Johnna A. Lee via e-mail.
6) Scholarship recipients will be contacted via e-mail concerning their applications once all decisions have been made.
7) Please refer to the Summit brochure for more information and details concerning the 2015 North American Entertainment, Sports, and Intellectual Property Law Summit.
The 2015 Scholarship Application, a tentative Summit agenda and the travel package information/registration form for this Summit may be requested at the CDO. This is a fantastic networking and educational opportunity for law students who would like to practice in the areas of Entertainment, Intellectual Property, or Sports Law.
The scholarship application deadline is August 31, 2015.