Van Der Hout, Brigagliano & Nightingale, LLP Seeking Deportation Defense Fellow
Van Der Hout, Brigagliano & Nightingale, LLP is a nationally renowned, full-service immigration and nationality law firm. The firm was founded in 1980 and represents a wide range of clients.
The firm is seeking a licensed attorney with one to three years of experience or a recent law graduate to serve as a Deportation Defense Fellow for two years. The fellow will work directly with partners on a wide range of immigration cases, including deportation defense, federal court litigation, family, asylum, naturalization and a variety of cases involving the intersection of criminal and immigration law. Cases involve representing clients before the Immigration Courts, the Board of Immigration Appeals, CIS, ICE, CBP and the federal courts. Fellow will work closely with attorneys in the firm, handling day to day tasks in a cutting edge, diverse and complex immigration law practice.
- Experience in/ Knowledge of immigration law strongly preferred.
- Excellent organizational and writing skills.
- Ability and interest in taking on complex and difficult immigration cases.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish strongly preferred.
- Interest in fast-paced, energetic work environment.
- Admission in a State Bar Preferred.
Start date flexible between May and September 2013. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Please send your resume, short writing sample and cover letter to:
George Phillips, Office Administrator, Van Der Hout, Brigagliano & Nightingale, LLP via e-mail.
No telephone calls please.