Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis Offers an Apprenticeship Program 2L Students
Waller Lansden Dortch & Davis, Nashville’s oldest and largest law firm, offers an apprenticeship program specifically designed for your class when you enter your 3L year. Schola2Juris is a six-week, practice-specific fall apprenticeship that provides a unique opportunity to gain law firm experience while earning a $10,000 scholarship.
The apprenticeships that are offered to students are actual job openings with Waller Lansden that, depending on individual performance, will lead to employment after graduation.
You are invited join John Tishler, Chairman, and Kathleen Pearson, Director of Professional Recruiting, on January 19th for lunch to learn more about this exciting new opportunity. The program will be held from 12:30 – 1:30 in Room A110.
Please RSVP by Monday, January 16th to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schola2Juris serves as a bridge from law school to practice during the fall of the 3rd year of law school. Students will learn about the business of a law firm while working closely with attorneys in a specific area of practice.
- Students can apply for specific associate opportunities with Waller Lansden which will start after graduation
- Students work on projects based on real firm matters during a six-week fall apprenticeship. These projects are tailored to each practice area, teaching the students about the entire lifecycle of client matter from start to finish. You will work closely with senior associate and partner mentors on the project to gain practical understanding about the type of work
you will encounter in private practice.
- Since the program occurs during the school year, the majority of the apprentice work is completed online in a virtual law
office platform using video conferencing and document sharing.
- Students will come to the offices to job shadow with associates and partners in assigned practice areas.
- The Fall Apprentice Retreat in Nashville provides the opportunity to get to know the entire firm and learn more about Nashville.
Visit Facebook to learn more.